Monday 17 June 2013

Task 3- Continuity Exercise (AS2)

We used this task because it showed my skills of being able to upload footage, inserting music,using different transitions and also being in the video.

Tape logging

I have signed out a tape. This is the tape that I am going to be filming with and will upload my footage from.



Shooting schedule 



Filming


On the 2nd February I filmed some of the preliminary task. I had the role as the director and sound operator. 

There were different problems which occurred when filming. There were times when the class was occupied or there was too much noise, this meant that we couldn't finish the task in one shot. 

The pictures below show how I carried out my production. 







Shooting of the Lip syncing

The fist step that we had to do in order to complete the task was to shoot the lip syncing. We lip synced with the song playing the  background this helped us keep track of where we are on the song and to hear how certain parts of the song had to be sung. We did 20mins worth of footage. The footage contained close ups, long shots and mid shots. This would make our task look different because there are different types of shots like there is in real music videos. When we were shooting we had to make sure we were singing when the Kiki Dee and Elton John were singing so we know we would be in time. The key technique whilst filming was that we had to make that we were emphasising on facial expression and over pronouncing words so that when we add the song it will look like we were actually singing the song. 


Uploading the footage

I then went on to uploading the footage on to Adobe premier. I uploaded the footage in small parts, this is so that i would be easier for me to see the footage that I don't need and also for me to chose the footage that I would use. I added the footage to my timeline and deleted all of my sound as I would not be needing it. I cut out the bits that I didn't need and added in bits of footage from the other bits I recored. This is where I am uploading each bit of footage. 





This is my browser with all my raw footage. I will be looking at all the footage inside of here so that I will be able to chose what I want to use.



Inserting the music 

Once I had chosen the footage I inserted the sound. The key technique was that I had to get the music in time of when I was lip syncing so that it would look like I was singing. In order for me to do this when we added a clip to a layer we identified a key clipped chose when Elton was singing found key moments from there we locked the layer and we had to get into the habit of locking layers so we know that bit was synced to the music at the right part.



Changing of Shots 

Once I had matched the music to footage to the best that I could of. I went on to changing the shots, I did this by using the key frame markers. This song has two people singing, so I made sure that I would change the shots and show two different people singing the different parts of the song. I did this by using the key frame markers that were on each layer. If I wanted to be shown I put the frames up and if I wanted leila to be shown I would place the frame down.




No comments:

Post a Comment